Thursday, February 14, 2013

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!

Okay this post isn't really about swimming, but it's one of my favourite lines from 'Finding Nemo'!  I've been busy swimming this week, or rather doing what I do..which is crafting.  I've spent the better part of this week trying to get things ready for the Upcoming Go All Night Scrapbook Fundraiser taking place March 1-3.  This is my third year attending and I've enjoyed it so much that I joined the organizing committee this year for it.  I get to be in on the ground floor planning this amazing event and I also get to work with a fabulous bunch of ladies too!  What more could a girl ask for?!  I have been trying to be smart and get things ready in advance instead of running around going crazy last minute (like I usually do!).

I did manage to get quite a bit done.  1st off, I finished the Stampin' Up Cards for the Make N' Take Bar..can't show you everything but I can give you a sneak peek:
 
Had to include the Swallowtail stamp for one of the cards, it's such a beautiful stamp!
Then I got busy and started assembling the kits for the Canvas Class I am facilitating.  The class is full and I'm pretty excited to teach some new techniques and share a project that I loved doing, but I know I'll be nervous when it comes time to run the class, as usual, because I'll worry I forgot something, forgot to teach some part of the project, didn't do it right, messed up, or.....(okay breath).  IT WILL ALL BE FINE (just gotta keep telling myself that).  Anyhow, here's a peek at the preparations:


 I also started getting items ready as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  I have plenty of product on order, just waiting to arrive and show at the Crop.  One of the coolest things I have for sale are the 'Flash Cards to Go' kits as seen on Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Connie Stewart's site www.simplysimplestamping.com .  I have absolutely no problem promoting her website because the flash cards she has made and shares have inspired some of my own great ideas, and they are just so simple to make - which I love!
I have a Flash Card to Go kit in each color palette from Stampin' Up!

Finally I have some of my projects that are near completion but need to be finished or vamped up a bit with photos and embellishments.  I'm hoping that I can either finish these before the crop so I can start something new OR I will finish them at the crop and just need to bring along the tools for completion (but really who am I kidding, I'm still going to pack up my entire craft room to bring to the Crop, otherwise I'll be worried I forgot something).
Just one of the many layouts I've done that needs photos and embellishments to be completed

Love how this star turned out, but I need to finish it's mate!

See how much I've managed to get done this week, this break from work came at the perfect time for me to catch up on my crafting, and I even got to spend some downtime watching t.v. and hanging with the kids!!  Now to spend some quality time with my hubby..he's on days' off too!  :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment