Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to life, back to reality...

I am currently in denial that School is about to start and that it's time for me to be back at work.  I've had the summer off and it was relaxing enough to make me feel refreshed and just busy enough that I didn't want to pull my hair out.  My oldest son starts grade three this year and he's happy to be going back to his old school and seeing his old friends that he's missed; my youngest son starts kindergarten this year and he can't wait for his school to start so he can ride the bus (meanwhile, mommy is still in denial that her baby is old enough to go to the 'big school'); and my little girl starts Headstart Preschool this fall as well and I can't believe how much she has grown this past year and the things she has picked up developmentally..sigh...can't we just keep them little forever :(. 
Strangely enough I'm looking forward to the teenager going back to school because I feel like we haven't seen much of him this summer and we seem to touch base more often and chat more often during our drives to/from school each day and I missed him even though he was right under our noses, I feel the need to reconnect.
Creatively I can't say as I've been taking advantage of these summer months to do much.  I didn't do much baking, crafting, or cardmaking.  About the only thing I took advantage of was my photography - taking wedding photos and vacation shots.  I made a summer to-do list and I procrastinated until the very end of summer in completing it (which is a good thing I guess since my priority was to hang out with my family, which I did!). 

I did finally get my creative juices flowing and finished two papercraft projects that I was very very happy with the final results.  I'll post the picture for the one project here: My Mad Hatter's Hat, which I will be teaching as a class for an upcoming crop.  At first I wasn't happy with the grungy modge podge look of it, but after a day or two I realized it worked for the final result and I'll keep it.

I loved the challenge of making this and the final result.  I made it completely from scratch using thin chipboard, papers, and embellishments.  So cute and it's inspired me to make a matching Hatbox to go with it!  I'll post pics when I get that project done.

Anyhow that's it for me this Friday afternoon, gonna enjoy my long weekend and hopefully get inspired to do a lot more crafting while the motivation and ideas are percolating in my brain.

Talk to you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment