Friday, June 22, 2012

Creatively Challenged!

It's a beautiful Friday morning here in High Level, Alberta..which isn't saying much because our weather is so typically Albertan that by this afternoon we could have thunder showers or even (dare I say it) snow!  You just never know.  Despite all that I love my hometown and I've always been proud to say that I hail from here. 

I've had a few other blogs and they just haven't seemed to stick so here's hoping better luck with this one.  The others weren't for me I think because they limited me, or rather I limited myself with themes, topics, and/or just used them to vent.  Not saying that I may not vent a time or two on here but for the most part I want this to be a positive virtual space where I can share all my many shades of creativity with you. 

To start I thought I would show you a project that creatively challenged me and was inspired by Susan Lui's 'Little Darlings' Mini Album on the G45 blog, you can see the post here.  http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2012/06/marvelously-magical-mini-albums-a-tutorial.html#entries

I loved the look of the mini album and wanted to figure out if I could do it myself.  I think that's where a large chunk of my personal creativity comes from..trying to figure out how things are done, put together, how different elements fit, and to be personally challenged to create something wonderful is truly a gift in itself.  I get so giddy when the end products actually look like I want them to or have worked out similar to the original inspiration.  I still doubt my skills a lot and I never seem to believe my stuff looks as good as the original but in the end, who cares.  I made it!

Anyhow here is the project I made, my very own 'A Ladies Diary' Mini Album.  My version is an 8x8 album made from the Graphic 45 'A Ladies' Diary' Paper Collection. I also made all the paper and ribbon flowers for the cover and I was very happy with the end result.  The album was made from scratch using Stampin' Up's Very Vanilla Cardstock, G45 papers, and various embellishments from Prima Marketing and Webster's Pages.  I love how it turned out in the end, now I just have to figure out what I'm going to add to the inside pages or who I'm going to gift it to..decisions decisions.

That's all for now, see you next time!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment